Scripting HUDs with "Shared Media" capabilities of 2.0 Viewer

Ima Mechanique not at chance.now
Mon Apr 5 17:05:52 PDT 2010

> Thanks everyone for all the advice.  This is a really great group from the sounds of discussions.
>
> I won't pretend to be a professional scripter of LSL.  I've done mostly HTML, Javascript, Flash Action Script, AIML, and AAML.  Lately I've been experimenting with the Unity 3D Game Engine and the Google Web Toolkit (GWT).  I see some pretty interesting gaming social applications being done and will hopefully be soon designing a virtual worlds project for kids.
>
> I think the 2.0 viewer is taking some hard hits and not being considered by many because of first impressions.  While it doesn't incorporate everything I'd like to see in an SL viewer (I'd prefer a web-based solution), it does have some new great capabilities that can be very useful especially for the areas of business and education.  Many that I've talked to after trying it out once and going back have complained about screen real estate, not noticing the double arrow to collapse the Toggle Sidebar and give you full screen real estate.

This isn't really the place to discuss Viewer 2, but I thinking it's
taking a lot of hard hits because people have given it a try and found
it has more drawbacks than benefits.

I love the media on a prim and a few of its other features.. But I will
wait for a third party viewer to support that without the rest of the
baggage