Concurrency?

Glen Canaday gcanaday at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 10:55:05 PST 2009

Yep. Touches are just worthy of mention because a lot of people skim over
that. Multiple scripts in the same object do what I described (you probably
already knew that tho) but multiple touches in the same prim don't trigger
touches in an easily predictable manner. It's not technically concurrency at
all, but the unknown touch queue can kinda wreck the effect.

The basic idea I was going for was that I would make a new script (even
duplicating code) wherever I would normally call a pthread_create() in C, and
give the child scripts no events at all that require outside interaction.
Looks like threads, though it isn't.

--GC