Q about sitting

Stickman stickman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 19:47:23 PST 2008

> I'm curious. Where is the avatar's body when they're sitting? On the sit
> target? Should they not be phantom also if the object they're on is phantom?

Ah, yes, the agent versus avatar issue.

The "agent" or bounding box of the person is sitting whereever the
llSitTarget() places them. Their animation may move their visible
avatar further away from that, but they'll collide with things
wherever the agent is at, not the avatar.

It may be tempted to squish the agent underground or something, but
when someone stands up, they stand up where their sit target moved
them, which is why less than 300m teleports with sit targets work
(because that's the maximum distance you can offset a sit target). So
you can move it "out of the way" and make the animation move them
somewhere more convenient (maximum of 5m away from the avatar), but be
aware that the sit target determines where they appear when they stand
up.

-Stickman