Can one object issue commands to an unlinked other?

William Magee billmagee at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 14:25:25 PST 2008

Dear Scripters,

I am building an educational facility above Shipley. I have not linked
all the walls and floors because I have scripted some of them
individually to move up and down, change opacity, and so forth. I have
them all set to listen for their particular commands on the same
channel, and so far it works fine.

However, it is a hassle to update the code or change the channel since
I have to edit the individual scripts.

My question is: is it possible to have one central script that can
issue commands such as llSetPos to unlinked objects within, say 20
meters of each other?

Thanks for sharing your expertise.

Bill