Using info from Google DB == Violation

Taran Rampersad cnd at knowprose.com
Tue Jan 29 08:25:40 PST 2008

Argent Stonecutter wrote:
>> Assuming the question was only about the texture UUID of an avatar's
>> profile
>> picture, the answer only pertained to that. Gaining any texture UUID
>> through
>> any means that circumvents the inworld permissions violates the ToS.
>
> That means using the web based search engine violates the TOS.
No, this much I am clear on. The 'magic circle' is any server owned by
Linden Lab. Everything outside of that magic circle cannot violate the
ToS. It took me some getting my head around, but its why people can post
transcripts of private conversations outworld and suffer no
repercussions inworld.

--
Taran Rampersad
cnd at knowprose.com

http://www.knowprose.com
http://www.your2ndplace.com
http://www.opendepth.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knowprose/

"Criticize by Creating" - Michelangelo
"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." - Nikola Tesla