LSL and geometry hierarchy issues

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Tue Jan 29 00:34:54 PST 2008

Argent Stonecutter wrote:
>> I prosed something like that for composing sculpty animation directly to
>> Zero, but he felt the issue of dangling pointers/references overrode any
>> advantages. For it to be useable, it would have to survive state changes
>> and then you have issues of how long the reference stays live.
>
> I'm not sure what this has to do with sculpty animation, but there's
> no issue with how long the reference stays live because the reference
> is ONLY to a global variable, not directly to any values, and they're
> live as long as the script.

But how long does that script stay "live?"

And my idea would have created a reference external to the script (a
tiled set of textures composed on the fly, so it was far more dangerous
than simply a reference to something that already lives in the script's
heap, so there's no real comparison, sorry to bring it up).