Scripting / SL External Communication

Craig Berry cberry at cine.net
Tue Jan 22 11:07:53 PST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 10:48 AM, Mark Meijer <meijer78 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It would be cool in a way, though, if someone used SL to simulate a
> turing machine.

That would rock!  Consider it added to my cool ideas pile.

Speaking of cool ideas, my gas-law simulator (PV = nRT) that I
mentioned here a while back fails due to the limitations of the
physics engine; if you make the "atoms" energetic enough to lift the
piston, they escape right through the piston as the physics engine's
"collision deep think" prevention code kicks in.  So in effect I
wanted to model classical physics behavior, only to be foiled by
quantum tunneling. :)  I'm looking forward to trying it again in Havok
4.

--
Craig Berry - http://www.cine.net/~cberry/
"So we struggle and we stagger, down the snakes and up the ladder, to