Scripting / SL External Communication

Joe Etten jetten at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 12:26:48 PST 2008

I might be the only one who thinks this, but coming from absolutly no
programing knowledge (ok some BASIC in highschool and a bit of HTML), I've
learned quite a bit just from having to try and read and understand LSL.
It's actually given me insight and direction into creating other scripts in
other languages. To me, LSL was sort of the stepping stone. I may not be the
best scripter in the world, and I may not know how to compile my own version
of the viewer (yet). BUT I think what you are proposing salahzar, takes away
from what I think is one of the most valuable parts of LSL. It teaches you
to *think*.

Oh sure the syntax could be easier, and I could think of more appropriate
names for some of the functions. But I like the way it works now, and I
liked it when I first started. What's more, I think I'll be sad when phase 2
of Mono rolls around and people stop using lsl for stuff and go straight for
Mono code. It means I'll have to learn it all over again lol. But see,
that's what I love about SL. Every day is a new experience in learning (and
sometimes patience).