secondlifescripters Digest, Vol 33, Issue 2

Slip Stringfellow slip.stringfellow at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 12:31:52 PST 2008

I agree, SL is not well-suited at all for managing anything but the smallest
data sets.  My audio manager uses a script that I wrote that is designed to
allow instances of it to be placed in multiple prims and 'chained' together;
commands and data are sent to the first one via link messages, which passes
them to the ones behind it as needed (spreading the messages out over time
to avoid clogging the queue).

This approach does allow an object to manage larger data sets, at the
expense of response time, complexity, and maintainability.  But I'm strongly
considering scrapping that and doing everything on an external server, via
HTTP calls - although HTTP has its own big limitations in LSL :-/  Anyway,
hope this helps,
Slip Stringfellow