[opensource-dev] New web search: how to get search_token or auth_token in v1 viewers ?

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Thu May 26 17:10:44 PDT 2011

On Thu, 26 May 2011 13:59:50 -0700, Joshua Bell wrote:

> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Henri Beauchamp <sldev at free.fr> wrote:
> .../...
> > I tried to request these options in my backport, but both
> > getResponse("search_token") and getResponse("auth_token") keep
> > returning empty strings...
>
> That's odd. Can you dump out the full XMLRPC response to verify that
> search_token isn't present and that it's not some other part of the viewer
> plumbing that's eating the value? I'm seeing it when doing some raw XMLRPC
> tests against the login service.

Well, yes, it was indeed here, but it has to be retreived from llstartup.cpp
(the results are probably discarded later on), and not in the search floater
class...

The token (a 384 characters string) is now properly passed, but I'm still
not allowed to search for Mature and Adult stuff (while it works when the
same query string is used in my main browser)... A bug in my port (I don't
see where since same URL is used in both the viewer and the browser and yet
give different results...), or in the web server for the search engine ?...

Henri.