[opensource-dev] Why no single axis resize on linked prims??

Aleric Inglewood aleric.inglewood at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 16:21:36 PST 2011

And now for the real answer...

You can't resize a prim  along an arbitrary axis, so if any linked
prim is rotated, it's simply not possible (in 99.9% of the cases).
You might be able to pull it of for many special cases by changing
sheer values, and use rotation (and texture rotation to correct for
that) etc,
 but even then it only works in so many cases, never along any
arbitrary axis for any arbirary prim shape.