[opensource-dev] Review Request: Make viewer-autobuild work under Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition.

Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) oz at lindenlab.com
Sun Feb 6 11:29:46 PST 2011

On 2011-02-06 10:40, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) wrote:
> On 2011-02-06 9:15, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) wrote:
>> I've created a repo sync'ed up to the latest viewer-development, and
>> with this workaround (I renamed the configuration
>> VCexpressRelWithDebInfo to make it stand out a bit more).  If folks
>> with VS Express (2005) could please test it :
>>
>> https://bitbucket.org/oz_linden/viewer-autobuildvs8
>>
>> I'm running a test in TeamCity now to make sure that it does not
>> bother the production builds.

That test appears to be a pass....

> Please test (or retest, as the case may be) using the above repo at
> changeset 21ef0a07c2cd or later...

To recap, our goal is to make it possible to build (albeit without FMOD
- that's a separate issue) with just two commands in a command (not
cygwin) shell:

    autobuild configure -c VCexpressRelWithDebInfo
    autobuild build -c VCexpressRelWithDebInfo

you _do_ need to respecify the configuration argument for the build
command (this is the way autobuild is expected to work, at least for now).