[opensource-dev] Reflections in SL. Re: Project-MESH viewer

Geenz Spad geenz at geenzo.com
Sun Oct 17 08:26:37 PDT 2010

I could see the new "Shiny" (in reality, they should be called specular
highlights) breaking content that relied on the darkening properties of
the classic Shiny shader.  Which is why I've modified the deferred shiny
shader to "darken" the object's diffuse shading depending on the shiny
value, without resorting to silly environment maps to make things "Shiny".
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50275732@N04/5088357599/in/photostream/