[opensource-dev] O.O Display name code DROP!

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 08:25:51 PDT 2010

On 2010-10-16, at 22:57, Ricky wrote:
> Assuming that the order of fields is fixed, a fair assumption as LLSD
> requires it I believe, then the XSLT isn't so bad, and a prototype has
> already been made.

That depends on the details of the XSL transform tool. Streaming tools preserve order but there's no requirement to do so.

> On the subject of using other standard tools, such as
> grep/sed/awk/etc., I fully agree.  This is why I'd fight against any
> binary or compressed format.

LLSD XML format breaks non-XML tools almost as badly as binary would. It's completely unacceptable.

The notation format, with a line break between messages, is the only format proposed so far that should even be considered.