[opensource-dev] What is the expected behaviour when double clicking floater edges? (VWR-23452)

Boroondas Gupte sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
Sat Oct 16 04:11:52 PDT 2010

 Personally, I didn't expect double clicking the edges or corners of a
resizeable floater to do anything at all, so I didn't do it until it
happened to me yesterday by accident. I was surprised to see the floater
change size and figured I must have been moving the mouse, thus dragging
the edge. But when trying again, noticed this also happened when the
mouse pointer wasn't moving at all, so I filed bug VWR-23452
<https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-23452>.

Further investigation revealed that the double clicked edge became
aligned to the edges of other floaters or the edge of the Second Life
window. While unexpected to me, this might be useful for arranging
floaters and doesn't look like a bug but rather like a deliberately
coded feature.

Is it? I didn't know about this yet, but it looks like this was already
present in 1.23.

Cheers,
Boroondas