[opensource-dev] Remaining build issues for 64bit linux standalone out-of-source (without unit tests)

Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) oz at lindenlab.com
Mon Oct 11 06:05:07 PDT 2010

> VWR-23296 <https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-23296>: missing
> LL_TEST conditions (i.e. SNOW-651
> <https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-651> *+* SNOW-654
> <https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-654>)
>
>     * The ability to turn off building and executing of /all/ unit
>       tests is needed to work around other issues (which we'll have to
>       fix later)
>     * Fixed at http://bitbucket.org/boroondas/vwr-23296
>     * Should be easy to review (but note there are several changesets)

I'm hesitant to move this to the main development branch, because I'd
rather not make it easy to not do tests.  If they're broken, we should
instead invest in fixing them (or the means of running them).

I'd like to hear more discussion on this... specifically, what are the
problems that are causeing the tests not to be useful?