[opensource-dev] Trying to compile the viewer, what does this mean?

james ross dragnier1428 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 23 15:46:31 PST 2010

I am still trying to compile the viewer by trying every tutorial I can find.  I pasted the link to the wiki site below in which I am having issues. I am currently in the proccess of downloading a copy of .NET 2003 from the MSDNA so that I can open the Apache files without them corrupting on me.  I made it to this section on OpenSSL and hit a wall. I tried downloading the OpenSSL and noticed that it is a tarball......I found a WIN-32 Openssl but cannot locate this fabled 'perl Configure VC-WIN32'  command.  Also the cd %PATH% gives me a file path is to long error.

If someone could explain this OPENSSL step I would appreciate it.

WebSiteLink: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Compiling_the_viewer_libraries_%28MSVS_2003%29#Boost

 Download and extract: http://www.openssl.org/source/
 Using the command prompt, build the static libraries:
 cd %PATH%
 perl Configure VC-WIN32

 Edit openssl-X.X.Xy\ms\nt.mak
 Change /MD to /MT in CFLAGS

 back in the command prompt:
 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .net
 nmake -f ms\nt.mak
 copy all the ".lib" files from "openssl-X.X.Xy\out32" to