[opensource-dev] separation between login id and publicly visible id(s) (was: display names = the end of 1.x viewers?)

Joshua Bell josh at lindenlab.com
Mon Aug 23 09:35:30 PDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 2:32 AM, Boroondas Gupte <sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
> wrote:

> But even without that, a 'master account' would make a lot of things
> easier, like one could account verify all Alts at once, see billings for all
> linked agents centrally etc.

No argument from me!

But as with the other suggestion: this broad class of identity-related
functionality was discussed when "Display Names" was being designed, and
while not tackled as part of that project, we made sure it was not precluded
and could still be undertaken later. We very much wanted to avoid embarking
on a "everything you always wanted to do with identity" project.

Joshua