[SLNP] Unitarian Universalists at the Nonprofit Commons this Friday December 23!

Rik Panganiban rik at techsoup.org
Wed Dec 21 12:29:28 PST 2011

Dear Members and Friends of the Nonprofit Commons,

I know that several folks are traveling or otherwise occupied with plans
before the holidays. But if you can, we invite you spend some time with us
at the Nonprofit Commons <http://nonprofitcommons.org>on Friday December 23
as we welcome *Etaoin Barcelona*, one of the leaders in the *First
Unitarian Universalist Congregation <http://www.fuucsl.org/wp/>* in Second
Life -- one of the largest, longest standing faith communities in the
virtual world. We will be talking with Etaoin about what brought the UU's
to the virtual world, how their community has survived and thrived this
long, and what lessons we can learn for nonprofits in how we grow our own
networks and communities. It promises to be a very interesting conversation.

We are also meeting next week, December 30, where I will be giving my* 2011
Year in Review* and inviting folks to share their fondest memories from
Second Life from the past year. I'll pass out fizzy drinks so we can offer
a toast to the New Year!

So join us at the Nonprofit Commons this Friday December 23 starting at
8:30AM PT at the Plush Nonprofit Commons amphitheater (teleport
link<http://slurl.com/secondlife/Plush Nonprofit Commons/88/126/26>
.)

See you then!

Rik Panganiban
Community Manager, Nonprofit Commons
Rik at techsoup.org<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=Rik@techsoup.org>

Nonprofit Commons MeetingDecember 23, 8:30am PSTPlush Nonprofit Commons
Amphitheater
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Plush%20Nonprofit%20Commons/88/126/26

AGENDA
8:30am Introductions
8:40am TechSoup Announcements
8:45am Mentors Corner
8:55am Etaoin Barcelona , *First Unitarian Universalist Congregation in
Second Life*
9:30am OpenMic/ Announcements
--
*Rik Panganiban* | SL Avatar: Rik Riel <https://my.secondlife.com/rik.riel>