[SLNP] Announcing Second Life Viewer 2 Beta and Shared Media

Pathfinder Linden pathfinder at lindenlab.com
Tue Feb 23 10:50:20 PST 2010

Howdy folks,

Big announcements from Linden Lab  today!  This is a major milestone for
Second Life.  Hope you enjoy. :)

Announcing Second Life Viewer 2 Beta and Shared Media

Today, we're excited to announce the launch of Viewer 2 Beta, the next
generation of Second Life viewers -- combining an easy browser-like
experience with shared media  capabilities -- providing what we believe is
the best experience yet for accessing Second Life, and a new option to
choose from among Viewer 1.23 and other Third Party Viewers. Our Viewer 2
blog post is here:
https://blogs.secondlife.com/community/features/blog/2010/02/23/second-life-viewer-2-beta-now-available

Shared Media™, a standard capability in Viewer 2, makes sharing standard
Web-based media and content in Second Life easy, and enables content
creators to make more compelling, interactive experiences. Content creators
can now place Web pages, video, Flash content, and other web media, onto any
surface in Second Life. We expect that Shared Media will inspire a creative
renaissance in Second Life as Residents explore more immersive and
integrated inworld experiences and business opportunities such as gaming or
theaters.

Download Viewer 2 Beta

So, go download Viewer 2 (http://www.secondlife.com/beta-viewer) today!

Resources to Help You Learn Viewer 2 Beta

    * Quickstart Guide (SL Wiki)
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Viewer_2_Quick_Start_Guide
    * Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
https://wiki.lindenlab.com/mediawiki/images/2/2d/Viewer_2_Beta_FAQs.pdf
    * Release Notes (SL Wiki)
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Beta_Viewer/2.0
    * Video Demos (YouTube)  http://www.youtube.com/secondlife
    * SL Answers (SL Answers)
https://blogs.secondlife.com/community/answers/v2beta

We Look Forward to Your Feedback

We need to hear from you! Participate in the Viewer 2 Forum (
https://blogs.secondlife.com/community/forums/v2) and share your experience
and suggest future enhancements. Then, go tell your friends! If you Twitter,
then use the #SLViewer2 hash tag.

Take care,

-Pathfinder

John Lester
Evangelist, Market Development
Linden Lab | Second Life
617 910 0386 | twitter.com/pathfinder
SL: Pathfinder Linden  | www.pathfinderlinden.com | skype: DangerJohn3

“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide
the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and
endless sea.”  -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry