[SLNP] GLS 4.0 conference - mixed reality event

Joyce Bettencourt joystudios at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 06:51:09 PDT 2008

Happy Monday all,

I posted late last week an entry on our www.holymeatballs.org blog about the upcoming
href="http://www.glsconference.org/2008/session.html?id=148">The
Future Is Invading! or Games as Youth Media: A 6 Year Review</a>

We will be creating a mixed reality event around the conference. Full details are not set in stone yet, and instead we are currently looking to generate ideas for simulcasting between the lines, so to speak, of the agenda. How do we leverage a real world event to create a mixed reality simulcast that fully leverages the unique opportunities of a virtual world? Would love to hear discussion and thoughts on this.

BTW, GLS 4.0 is slated to be a great conference and there is still time to register to attend and there is also a waiting list for PK-16 educators to <a href="http://www.glsconference.org/2008/teachers.html">receive scholarships to attend for free</a>.

Thanks for any feedback!

Joyce Bettencourt

web 2.0 gal & blogmistress of holymeatballs.org
joyce at globalkids.org

www.twitter.com/rhiannonsl
SL: Rhiannon Chatnoir
TSL: Rhiannon Ferlinghetti