[SLHEALTH] Journal of Virtual Worlds Research news: new issue + planned issue on health

Maged Kamel Boulos maged.kamelboulos at plymouth.ac.uk
Wed Nov 19 00:36:42 PST 2008

Dear All,

As one of the Associate Editors of the new Journal of Virtual Worlds Research ( http://jvwresearch.org/ ) whose Editor-in-Chief is Jeremiah Spence (University of Texas at Austin), I am happy to report on the release of a new issue of the Journal  on the theme of "Consumer Behavior in Virtual Worlds" with 5 peer reviewed articles, 3 non-peer reviewed research papers, and 6 brief think pieces. The second issue was edited by Natalie Wood and Caja Thimm. We are also planning a special issue on Health & Virtual Worlds to be published in May/June 2009 (more info on the latter soon). Please note that JVWR is interested in research and projects conducted in different virtual worlds and not just Second Life(R).

With Kind regards,
--Maged N Kamel Boulos, Associate Editor, JVWR
University of Plymouth, UK