[SLED] advice on buying a laptop that can run SL smoothly

Bob Hallawell Bob.Hallawell at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jan 18 03:59:23 PST 2012

Hi Tim
I doubt whether a notebook will handle it (others may know differently) but I run SL on my laptop all the time and via a wireless connection. I know that LL do not recommend this but if you have sufficient processing power and a good/recommended graphics card it is possible. I do experience lag sometimes but then so do people on desktops. I guess you have taken a look at the SL system requirements page that provides some advice?
I've not tried to run Camtasia at the same time and as such cannot really advise about that. I guess that becomes a question of processing speed and memory.
Good luck
Bob