[SLED] ARVEL News: this week

Sabine Reljic sabinereljic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 09:49:22 PST 2012

Greetings,

*ARVEL Inworld Discussion:*

Feb 29, 2012 at 1pm PST/SLT (4pm EST, 21:00 GMT)

Dr. Donna Davis will discuss SL culture and relationships through
ethnographic approaches. Dr. Davis has a book coming out on engaging the
disengaged via performance in virtual worlds. Meeting at
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/CAVE/37/192/35

Watch us on ARVEL Channel at http://arvelsig.ning.com/page/livestream. The
channel goes live on Wednesday at 12:55pm PST.

Bookmark this event:
http://arvelsig.ning.com/events/arvel-inworld-discussion-8

*ARVEL at AERA 2012*

1) The program is up:
http://arvelsig.ning.com/forum/topics/arvel-aera-2012-program

2) Let us know if you are coming to Vancouver (Please RSVP here:
http://arvelsig.ning.com/events/arvel-at-aera-2012). If you are, Join your
colleagues on the ARVEL Twitter Guild. As a Twitter Guild member, you are
one of our microbloggers posting about the 2012 AERA Annual Meeting on
events you are attending; blogging with the hastag *#arvelsig.
*

*The ARVEL Twitter Guild badge*

3) During the coming weeks, we'll keep adding information to the
ARVEL at AERA2012 Forum:
http://arvelsig.ning.com/forum/topics/arvel-aera-2012-program. Use that
place to ask your questions prior to the event.

4) ARVEL at AERA2012 Interactive Boards: During 2012 AERA Annual Meeting,
we'll keep an eye daily on the ARVEL at AERA 2012 Forum as well as on the
#arvelsig tweets. Be sure to use these 2 places to post your questions or
comments, so that we can answer back to you in a timely fashion during the
conference.

*ARVEL February Forum*

Three more days before this forum closes! Hurry and share your experience.
This month, Sue Dass is monitoring the thread on faculty adoption of
virtual worlds:  http://arvelsig.ning.com/forum/topics/february-forum

>>We have great information already for our next supernews there. Go ahead
and add your own comment for a chance to be cited in the next SuperNews.

Email us at arvelsig173 at gmail.com

*Latest Info:*
Please welcome the 9 new members to have joined the Ning in the past 10
days. Their profile pages are listed as recently added:
http://arvelsig.ning.com/profiles/members/

Check our list of events for this month. Quite a bit is happening:
http://arvelsig.ning.com/events

See you all on Wednesday for our weekly InWorld Discussion.

Cheers,
The ARVEL SIG Team
http://arvelsig.com
arvelsig173 at gmail.com