[SLED] What do we lose

Marrapodi, Elisabeth EMarrapodi at Trinitas.org
Mon Apr 23 07:20:14 PDT 2012

El

Great reply.  I agree with most of what you said except for perhaps the
voicing.  Its been a while since I've been a student but I seem to
remember that we couldn't just blurt things out and talk over the
teacher, even on the college level.  So same could be done for an
in-world class where the students have their voice button turned off and
perhaps use some sort of signal (typed code or hand raising animation)
during or at the end of the lecture where the teacher could call upon
the student who then would use voice to ask their question.  I've taken
webinars where only the instructor could voice until we were given the
signal or capability of being able to talk.  I would think this a minor
obstacle, especially compared to the dyslexia disability for a text
based class.

I don't know, does everyone just talk over each other and the teacher in
class these days?

Elisabeth Jacobsen Marrapodi

Director, Library Services

Trinitas Regional Medical Center

225 Williamson Street

Elizabeth, New Jersey 07207

voice: 908-994-5488

fax: 908-994-5099

"A cheerful heart is good medicine" Proverbs 17:22

website: http://www.trinitas.org/medical_library.htm

Linkedin:  www.linkedin.com/in/EJacobsenMarrapodi
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/EJacobsenMarrapodi>

Twitter: @TrinitasLibrary

"Google can give you 1,000 answers to your question. A librarian will
give you the right one."