[SLED] Working on procedures for iShowU - can someone check me?

Sharon Collingwood sharon_collingwood at me.com
Thu Apr 12 09:01:48 PDT 2012

I'm still having difficulties with using iShowU to film in SL, so I thought I would learn how to do it by working up a best practices sheet to post on my site, with the idea that if I'm having problems, others are too. My outline for that post is below.

I would really love to get this to work for me.  I record myself for my class videos all the time, it's easy.  I can record concerts of streamed music, easy.  But try to record another avatar's voice, and I'm lost.

Here's what I am doing:

Using an iMac with OSX 10.7.3

RESTART.

SET UP SOUND: The OUTPUT should show my headset, mid volume. The INPUT should be Soundflower 2, above mid volume.

CHECK computer volume

CUE video:
	1. resize window for capture, (recording same as capture size)
	2. computer button ON
	3. headphones OFF

LOG IN to SL
	Settings: OUTPUT shows headset, INPUT is Soundflower 2 (is this right?)

I would be eternally grateful if anyone could help me out of this muddle.

Thanks
Sharon (Ellie Brewster)

sharon_collingwood at me.com