[SLED] phoenix viewer

Chambers, Ian chambers at uidaho.edu
Wed Sep 21 09:25:47 PDT 2011

unscribe

Cheers
Ian
Dr. Ian Chambers FRGS
Department of History
P.O. Box 443185
University of Idaho
Moscow,
ID 83844-3175
Tel/Fax: (208)885-5777
e-mail:chambers at uidaho.edu
www.uidaho.edu/~chambers

-----Original Message-----
From: educators-bounces at lists.secondlife.com
[mailto:educators-bounces at lists.secondlife.com] On Behalf Of Larry
Havenstein
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:20 AM
To: SL Educators TThe SLED List"
Subject: Re: [SLED] phoenix viewer

That means the presentation was being streamed on Flash and they were
using that stream in SL but not that you logged into SL with Chrome.

We have done that a few times.

On 21 Sep 2011 at 9:06, Pat Franks wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> Yes, I attended the U of Delaware event last Thursday where CNN's
> Candy Crowley was speaking live but being streamed into SL.  I
> couldn't see a thing with the SL viewer.  I asked the group if they
> could -- someone told me try Chrome. I opened Chrome, put in the SLURL

> and was able to hear and view the presentation. It surprised me too.
>
> Pat/preceptor Amat

 <Larry>++

 Larry Havenstein
  System Engineer and KSRE/COA Computer Security Officer
  Information and Educational Technology
  Department of Communications
  K-State Research and Extension
  Kansas State University