[SLED] phoenix viewer

Pat Franks patricia.franks at sjsu.edu
Tue Sep 20 08:20:51 PDT 2011

Since I'm new to Phoenix, I'm wondering why it is being used if it causes so
much work for users?  I use the Linden Labs Viewer and that works well
except for videos. So, I left a session last week and came back in using the
Chrome browser, as someone suggested, and all was fine. I could view the
streaming video and had all of my inventory available. Does anyone else use
Chrome to access SL?

Over the weekend I tried Phoenix, with the problems described, and am now
wondering what the advantages are to investing hours to make it work and
having to render a "test" avatar every 10-14 days.

Pat

Patricia C. Franks, Ph.D., CRM

MARA Program Coordinator

School of Library & Information Science