[SLED] OSAvatars - open source avatars for OpenSim now with individual iar downloads!

Miller, Peter pmiller at liverpool.ac.uk
Sun Oct 30 02:05:14 PDT 2011

Short tutorial here: http://justincc.org/blog/2009/09/14/introducing-opensim-inventory-archives-iars/

Best wishes

Peter

________________________________
From: educators-bounces at lists.secondlife.com [educators-bounces at lists.secondlife.com] on behalf of Miller, Peter [pmiller at liverpool.ac.uk]
Sent: 30 October 2011 08:50
To: SL Educators (The SLED List)
Subject: Re: [SLED] OSAvatars - open source avatars for OpenSim now with individual iar downloads!

Hi Scott

If these are IAR files, they need to be uploaded via the console (as do OAR files except the contents of IAR files appear in inventory rather than inworld). It is possible in the future that uploading via the client might become feasible though according to one of the lead OpenSim developers the asset service probably needs upgrading first. More on IAR files: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Inventory_Archives

Best wishes

Peter