[SLED] SL search function

Larry Havenstein lhavenst at ksu.edu
Mon Mar 7 12:32:02 PST 2011

Since the Linden who managed the Google Search Appliances
left last fall,  search has been an enigma.

It has been changing and more things are showing up now than
did then.   I am not sure most documentation written before last
fall is totally valid now.   I several of us here at K-State were
discussing this just a week ago and its messy.

One complaint I have seen semi-regular is that object searches
would take you to the center of a sim rather than where the object
existed.  That causes fun for merchants.

On 7 Mar 2011 at 12:58, LuAnn Phillips wrote:

> I am looking for a tutorial or guide to how the SL search function currently works. If anybody can
> point me in the right direction, Id appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> LuAnn Phillips, eXtension
> Virtual Worlds Coordinator
> In SL:Thynka Little
> www.thynkalittle.com

 <Larry>++

 Larry Havenstein
  System Engineer and KSRE/COA Computer Security Officer
  Information and Educational Technology
  Department of Communications
  K-State Research and Extension
  Kansas State University