[SLED] Burn2

Sharon Collingwood collingwood.7 at osu.edu
Sun Oct 17 07:08:31 PDT 2010

Look, I'm not trying to be snarky here.  I don't have resentment against the Lab, I really do wish them well.  But how much would it cost to support Burning LIfe?

News like this makes me very uneasy.  I don't really understand the economics of the thing.  Twenty-odd sims for a month?  Maybe 7 servers, tops? Surely that's peanuts for a company of that size.  Worth it for the advertising alone.

So what's up with that?

Anyway, I'm going, and I will be seriously looking for tip jars.

On Oct 17, 2010, at 9:23 AM, Miller, Peter wrote:

> Just a reminder that Burn2, the successor to Burn Life, is now on. There's a wonderful machinima on New World Notes:
>
> http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2010/10/coleys-world-burn-2.html
>
> I think it runs to the 24th. For reasons I can't fathom, it's hard to find in search apart from the classifieds. The following is a possible start point but there are six sims to explore. Thanks to the Burners for their endeavours -- it's a marvellous experience.
>
> http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Burning%20Man-Black%20Rock/200/194/24
>
> Best wishes
>
> Peter

Department of Women's Studies
The Ohio State University
286 University Hall, 230 North Oval Mall
Columbus, Ohio 43210-1311

Blog: Exploring the Virtual Classroom
          http://ebrewster.wordpress.com/

AVATAR:  Ellie Brewster (Heritage Key, InWorldz, Open Sim, Jokaydia Grid, Second LIfe)

Visit Minerva Isle in Second Life:
          http://slurl.com/secondlife/Minerva/16/14/22