[SLED] mesh in opensim (was more advice)

Troy McConaghy troy at troymcconaghy.com
Sun Oct 10 21:31:35 PDT 2010

Hi Anne,

If you want to know if it's okay to upload a 3D model you bought on Daz3d
into OpenSim, you have to read the license. If it's not clear in the license
(or there is no license), you should ask the owner of the copyright, or
their representative.

The 'mesh' model type that will be available in Second Life is COLLADA
(.dae) files. Not all COLLADA files are going to be appropriate for SL. For
example, some COLLADA files are extremely detailed, meant for movies or the
like, not for SL.

Sincerely,
Troy