[SLED] Changes in pricing for educators

CRAWFORD, FRANCES R fcrawford2 at alamo.edu
Tue Oct 5 13:21:10 PDT 2010

We are working with Educational Support Management Group (ESMG) who has been putting together a new platform designed specifically for educators with sound, media, etc. The new platform is called VWE. I've read that a lot of people had a lot of different experiences with Open Sims that weren't all that promising, but I have to be honest and say that VWE looks really, really good. My students can't tell the difference.

We've been working with them over the last six months to transition from solely SL islands to having islands in VWET and being able to use ESMG's islands in-world for anything that we can't build or create in VWET. The price is far cheaper, we get training and support, and the updates for the viewers only come up between semesters. Another really great note is that the viewer for VWET is friendly to MACs, something that the present SL Viewer is not.

If you're interested in learning more about VWET, you can go here: http://www.virtualworlded.com/Home_Page.html

Frances Crawford
The College Writing Center Director
San Antonio College
Ph. D. Candidate
Composition & TESOL
Indiana University of PA

I'm on FaceBook!
Second Life Olevi Sabetha

IWCA Executive Board - South Central US Representative

To learn more about my dissertation topic: The Implications of Writing Center Accreditation, please visit my blog: http://writingcenteraccreditation.wordpress.com