[SLED] Book Review - Apocalyptic AI: Visions of Heaven inRobotics, Artificial Intelligence, and Virtual Reality

VR Hacks vrhacks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 12:43:40 PDT 2010

Larry:

> So are they "uploading" the mind or the soul?  Sounds like more like a
> futuristic version of a Christian hell to me.....Larry

Sarah:

> there is an active group of Kurzweilians on SL; and Kurzweil is the
> guru of transhumanist "theology."

Yup, and imho, Kurzweil's mind uploading & Moravec's transfer is steeped in
religous ideology.

http://bit.ly/AIdelusions
http://bit.ly/AIdualism

Angela Talamasca (in-world)
MA Forensic Psychology

VR Hacks Blog: http://bit.ly/VRHacksBlog
VR Hacks Twitter: http://bit.ly/VRHacksTwitter
VR Hacks YouTube: http://bit.ly/VRHacksYouTube
Digital DNA in SL: http://bit.ly/VRHacksSLmap
Digital DNA in Blue Mars: http://bit.ly/BMclient
--
"Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are
infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you." - Oscar Wilde