[SLED] problem with student creation of avatar/voice

Widget Whiteberry slwidget at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 14:06:39 PST 2010

I don't know about the white-list possibility but I do know there is a 5
accountt limit per email address.

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Hilary Mc Loughlin <hilarymcl at gmail.com>wrote:

> Jiminez, voice is part of the free account- so your students should have no
> problem with that.  The message from LL will come if there are too many
> people registering from the same address - he/she should be able to register
> from another location with ease and you can ask the Lindens to 'white list '
> you as an educational user.
>

> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Jimenez, Marilyn <jimenez at hws.edu> wrote:
>
>> I am meeting for a discussion session with a group of my RL students in
>> SL.  One of them could not register for SL and get an avatar because he
>> received the following message:
>> Linden Lab limits the number of accounts any household or individual may
>> create.
>> You appear to have exceeded this limit.
>> Try again later or visit our Support page to contact Customer Support.
>> Is this the result of the students' all registering from within our
>> College or was the LL server simply busy?
>> Also, all of my students are free subscriber, so I assume that they do not
>> have voice capabilities.  Is there a way to enable voice for them as part of
>> some education package?  thank you.
>>

> --
> Hilary Mc Loughlin
> Second Life Name- Fli Nurmi
> Research Fellow
>
> https://www.cs.tcd.ie/research_groups/crite/projects/virtual_worlds/index.htm
> CRITE
> Lloyd Institute
> Trinity College
> Dublin 2

Widget Whiteberry - Public Affairs and Social Networking Aps

Commonwealth Islands in Second Life
Residencies for a dozen NGOs learning to use virtual worlds to serve their
first world aspirations
http://commonwealthisland.ning.com/

Virtually Speaking in Second Life
Live, in-depth, intelligent conversations about politics and policy with
opinion leaders. Produced before a virtual studio audience. Simulcast on
BlogTalkRadio.
http://virtuallyspeaking.ning.com/