[SLED] Grand opening of The Abyss Observatory

Hajime Nishimura hajimen at jamstec.go.jp
Tue Jan 26 19:06:59 PST 2010

Dear all of SLED,

Although our delay of opening, thank you for many persons visit "The Abyss
Observatory"!.

At last we almost complete our exhibits under our current restriction, so we
set its grand opening on Jan 28 Tue 6:00SLT/PST.
http://chikyu-to-umi.com/abyss/

We have no spacial ceremony then. We do our best to arrange signs and
notecards for any visitors can walk around without guides.

There are many persons who remember "The Abyss Museum of Ociean Science".
Missing of Abyss Museum is start point for our Japanese members. Then we
were new comers so didn't think to send IM to Rezago Kokorin, a creator of
Abyss museum. We cultivate our dream to found new ocean science museum
independently, started to build initial museum in private SIM, and applied
for SciLands. Then we found our friend is a student of Rezago's script
school. So we and Rezago met and jointed.

You can see his exhibits again but in new developing version.

I'm sorry many insufficiant instructions in English remain yet. I'll do my
best tonight. I still in trouble to add "a" or "the" or nothing, and to use
"at" or "on" or "in".

We put Teleporter SL World Map to the related SIMs at center point of
"Second Earth 3". We want to add potal function, some panel or object by
which visitors know SIMs and TP there, so I'm sending IMs to some SIMs step
by step.

We already agree with "Centre for Water Studies" to cooperate in marine
ecosystem exhibits in next development stage.

Thanks

Yan Lauria
Co-Curator of The Abyss Observatory
Hajime Nishimura in RL
Director of JAMSTEC: Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology