[SLED] Whatever happened to Second Life?

Cathy Anderson cathywyo1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 07:42:05 PST 2010

Hi all,

I have to agree with the comments made by AJ and Eloise they are right
on..many sims are there for the purpose of events otherwise they may be
empty...that doesn't mean there isn't traffic and things going on in Second
Life.

SL has grown a great deal since the time this person has entered into SL and
that may explain why the population was more densely populated at the time.
I contend since that time businesses and educators have seen the potential
and gone on to develop their own islands thereby expandy the space ..more
space more room for us to spread out.

One thing that has helped me a great deal is joining a community like that
of Caledon..I really enjoy the sense of being a part of this community and
the interactin that occcurs via the group..I am working on my own space
there and enjoy it very much.  I couldn't do that without Second Life.

Thanks,  Cathy

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Marrapodi, Elisabeth <
EMarrapodi at trinitas.org> wrote:

>  Peter
>
> Many, probably most, in SL use this platform as a way to meet others. There
> are those only explore builds and/or take classes but by and large I
> guarantee you will find crowded sims at places that offer people chances to
> meet others. The popular ballroom places such as Phat, Frank’s Jazz, Cloud
> 9, Sweethearts all have big crowds. Rock clubs and concert venues are huge
> draws. RP sims from fantasy elven to medieval, to 18h Century Versailles
> to 1880’s Tombstone are great places to immerse into history and generally
> full of people.  Also since the time zone thing can make it a catch as catch
> can, I suggest you join some interest groups to get notices for scheduled
> events and activities.
>

> Btw off topic: for those who saw Avatar, did their planet’s forest remind
> you of SL’s Chakryn Forest, especially the day-glow trees?
>

> Elisabeth Jacobsen Marrapodi
>
> Director, Library Services
>
> Trinitas Regional Medical Center
>
> 225 Williamson Street
>
> Elizabeth, New Jersey 07207
>
> voice: 908-994-5488
>
> fax: 908-994-5099
>

> *"**A cheerful heart is good medicine" Proverbs 17:22*
>

> Blog:          http://www.trinitaslibrary.blogspot.com
>
> Slideshare: www.slideshare.net/emarrapodi
>
> Linkedin:  www.linkedin.com/in/EJacobsenMarrapodi
>
> P  Think before printing this email - you could save a tree

Cathy Anderson
SKYPE:  cathylanderson
Twitter:  twitter.com/cathylanderson
cathyandersonblog.com
cathyanderson.com
Cathy LAnderson Reaction Grid
Facebook:  Virtual Worlds Assessment Group