[SLED] New Member (with questions)

S Collingwood collingwood.7 at osu.edu
Tue Feb 2 14:02:18 PST 2010

Welcome, Rosanne

Tell us your avatar name, and I'm sure there will be many people who
have things to donate.  I have an avatar on the Teen Grid, named
EllieBrewster Haystack.  I haven't used her for a while, but I think
she has a lot of useful stuff.

>I am relatively new the board and to SL.   I teach middle school art
>to 6-8 graders and am awaiting the delivery of my school's private
>island on the teen grid.
>
>One of my projects is to have my students create avatars in the
>likeness of a famous artist (of their choice) and then have Q&A
>sessions with others in the class.  Right now I have two avatars on
>the main grid seeking out supplies to bring over to the island.  One
>of my avatars will move over to my school's island and remain there,
>while the other will remain on the main grid so I can keep
>educational contacts I have made.  Does anyone know of anyone who
>may be willing to help with freebies until the students are ready to
>create on their own?  I am searching for clothes, hair and skins
>that will pass "inspection" prior to being transferred.  In
>addition, are there any educational tools that I should specifically
>look for?  I already have picked up Poinky's Pods and cannot wait to
>use them.
>
>Any advice/assistance is greatly appreciated.  Please feel free to
>contact me either in SL or at the email address below.
>
>Best,
>Roseanne
>SL - ArtTeach VanDouser
>
>Roseanne Panico
>Visual Arts Department - Readington Middle School
>rpanico at readington.k12.nj.us
>

>Notice: This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains
>information of Readington Township Public Schools/Readington
>Township Board of Education (52 Readington Road, Whitehouse Station,
>New Jersey, USA 08889 - further contact information is available at
>http://www.readington.k12.nj.us/) and/or its affiliates, that may be
>confidential and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for
>the use of the individual or entity named on this message. If you
>are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in
>error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete
>it from your system

Dr. Sharon Collingwood
http://people.cohums.ohio-state.edu/collingwood7/

Department of Women's Studies