[SLED] Widespread griefer attack

James Shock jwshock at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 08:28:09 PDT 2010

So if I am understanding you correctly, these instances might possibly be
isolated to those sims existing on a particular server?

On Apr 27, 2010 10:21 AM, "JB Hancroft" <jbhancroft at gmail.com> wrote:

Not necessarily.  I don't know the specifics, but I'm sure the "land" ...
terrain height, applied textures etc. are represented in an asset database,
and loaded into the sim when booted.  There's no reason that some database
records couldn't be "glitched" without affecting all of them.  Something
like a hard drive controller failing can corrupt records - even with
multiple local drives in a RAID (multiple disks) configuration.

- JB