[SLED] Short videos of SL for education in action

Brant Knutzen brantknutzen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 07:45:18 PDT 2010

Hello Karen,

Two school years ago I captured some video of my students in action doing SL
activities for an Intro to Design and Programming course.

The students created 2-D designs for T-shirts and tattoos, then uploaded
them to SL and we had a "fashion show" on the catwalk followed by a dance
party, to share work and celebrate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO4aIbbSy2s

The next unit asked them to create custom vehicles in SL, and at the end of
the unit we had a Destruction Derby to share work and have fun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nejze8tRRoA

For the final SL unit the students created a business plan, then 2-D signs
for their companies, and then they created 3-D stores in SL and posted the
signs in front.

I captured some video of the students in action working on their stores (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ7OW4QXTBw ), and in the final composite
video "Virtual Design" I captured video as a fly-by tour in the little town
of all their stores with them standing in front.

At the end of the term I showed this video at a whole high-school assembly
to recognize what the students had accomplished in this very new medium:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d0s06AK_kU

I hope you find these video clips useful.

Brant

Message: 15