[SLED] how do you back up a whole island?

Fabio Ciravegna fabio at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Sun Apr 11 01:04:22 PDT 2010

Hello,
my students have built stuff on our island for years and now we have decided to close it down as no other students are interested in doing projects for the current year.
My question is: can I backup all the objects so that I can keep them somewhere (i.e. in my inventory?) and maybe rebuild them later when other students are interested in further projects? We are talking of several buildings here, so not a minor operation. I do not have any copy, just the objects on the ground
Many thanks
Fabio Ciravegna
---

Professor Fabio Ciravegna,
Director of Research & Innovation in the Digital World,
The University of Sheffield
---
Professor of Language and Knowledge Technologies,
Department of Computer Science, University of Sheffield,
Regent Court, 211 Portobello, S1 4DP, Sheffield, UK
Tel:+44(0)114-22.21940, Fax:+44(0)114-22.21810
www: http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~fabio/