[SLED] Martian terrain, buildings, etc.

Hodgson, Terry R. (JSC-AD4)[TESSADA & ASSOC INC] terry.r.hodgson at nasa.gov
Fri Apr 9 08:17:54 PDT 2010

Hi Brett,

There's Victoria Crater on NASA JPL island.  Trouble is, you can't walk on it.  I'm pretty sure someone at Scilands can come up with a Martian buggy for you.

From: educators-bounces at lists.secondlife.com [mailto:educators-bounces at lists.secondlife.com] On Behalf Of Brett Bixler
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 10:03 AM
To: SL Educators (The SLED List)
Subject: [SLED] Martian terrain, buildings, etc.

Hi all,

I'm working with an astronomy professor who wants to use SL for some simple machinima - still images, some cut-scenes, etc. for a game she's developing. At this point I need some seamless tiles of the Martian landscape, some pressure domes for a colony, and other props like a Martian buggy. I'm not choosy - I'll take whatever's out there!

If you know of free or purchasable SL resources here, please let me know. Thanks!

Brett Bixler, Ph.D.

Lead Instructional Designer &

Manager, Instructional Support and Research

Education Technology Services (ETS),

  Teaching and Learning with Technology,

    Information Technology Services,

The Pennsylvania State University