[SLED] Desktop recommendations please

Marrapodi, Elisabeth EMarrapodi at Trinitas.org
Wed Apr 7 06:05:45 PDT 2010

This is my 4th Dell so it's not like I've not stuck with them. I have to
say I detest their customer service. I had to send my new Dell desktop
back after 1 day because of a faulty keyboard and wireless card. They
kept telling me to go online so they could trouble shoot it but I had no
connection or working keyboard! Finally after 5  hours of me arguing
with them they told me it was a technical issue and it would cost me
$250 to speak to their technical line-but I had only had the desktop for
24 hours so I told them a few Jersey style colorful metaphors and
returned it. I then got a Dell laptop only because of our work discount.
My other Dell laptop burned up after only 2 years. I will not buy Dell
again. What do they say about doing the same thing over and over again
and expecting different results?

It may be luck of the draw as to who is pleased and who isn't however I
think I'll take my chances now with a Mac. Thanks for all the
recommendations and advice!

Elisabeth Jacobsen Marrapodi

Director, Library Services

Trinitas Regional Medical Center

225 Williamson Street

Elizabeth, New Jersey 07207

voice: 908-994-5488

fax: 908-994-5099

"A cheerful heart is good medicine" Proverbs 17:22

website: http://www.trinitas.org/medical_library.htm

Blog:  http://www.trinitaslibrary.blogspot.com
<http://www.trinitaslibrary.blogspot.com>

Slideshare: www.slideshare.net/emarrapodi
<http://www.slideshare.net/emarrapodi>

Linkedin:  www.linkedin.com/in/EJacobsenMarrapodi
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/EJacobsenMarrapodi>

P  Think before printing this email - you could save a tree