[SLED] Game Kit Tutorials & Support

Allen Partridge allenp at adobe.com
Wed Oct 21 10:14:43 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

Last week I shared a video demonstrating my latest creation; a 3D Immersive Learning Simulation Rapid Development Kit for building games in Second Life. Last week's video, along with the demonstration simulation was created by Ph.D. students with little to no prior experience in Second Life or virtual world development. (If you missed the post you can see that video here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04jlyb4XD8A

I will speak about the methodology, implementation and related issues at the Adobe Learning Summit as part of the eLearning Guild's DevLearn Conference in San Jose, CA on November 9.

http://www.elearningguild.com/content.cfm?selection=doc.1280

This week I have uploaded a series of video tutorials explaining how to use the game kit, and demonstrating the interaction with objects in a game setting. This week's videos are available here.

http://www.youtube.com/virtuallyHuman/

In addition I've posted a wiki regarding the kit that educators may use as a hub, to report issues, learn about the components and their use and discuss the projects they are making with the tool.

https://buzzword.acrobat.com/#d=uv2vaMA4NEecNt6RtaP4wg

Should you want to get a copy of the kit (which is of course free to everyone.) You can jump to Adobe Island in world;

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Adobe/141/150/51
(Don't forget to sign up for the group - its subscribomatic so no lost slot)

Or get one at xStreetSL

https://xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=item&ItemID=1854994

Thanks,

Allen