[SLED] displaying real names over your avatar

Dick Seabrook dick.seabrook at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 14:34:31 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Rolig Loon <rolig.loon at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll actually go farther than that, Cider.... Not only do I not want
> anyone in SL to have access to MY identity in RL, I don't want to know
> anyone else's either. It's a purely personal choice, of course, but as
> far as I am concerned RL and SL are totally separate worlds.  One of
> the truly nice aspects of SL's design is that I can make that choice
> .... and anyone else can make the opposite one .... and we can both be
> happy about it.
>
> Rolig

I respect Rollie's views and her privacy, however I'm happy (so far) to
use my real name in my avatar name so my students will know
it's me behind the controls when my avatar encounters theirs.  I consider
all I do as manifestations of the same personality, although I admit
the possibility of multiple personalities in a single mind and  find
Minsky's Society of Mind compelling.
Dick S.
(Seabrook Oceanlane)

--
Dick Seabrook ~ Anne Arundel Community College
http://enterprise.aacc.edu/~rhs ~ Speed the Net!