[SLED] displaying real names over your avatar

Robert A. Knop Jr. rknop at pobox.com
Wed Oct 14 07:06:54 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 10:01:56AM -0400, Barbara Pittman wrote:
> Why isn't it enough to put your real name--if you want--in the Real Life
> section of your profile? Don't we expect that nearby voyeurs are always
> reading about us there?

That's a good first step, but when people are in a meeting of folks with
whom they have a relationship outside of SL, it's nice to have an
immediately available identifier that lets them see who is who.  If
you're sitting around with a bunch of people, it's much easer to just
glance at them and see what their name is than to get up the profiles of
each person you want to identify -- especially if you'll have to do it
multiple times because you can't remember everything after the first
look.

--
--Rob Knop
  E-mail:    rknop at pobox.com