[SLED] A question about promoting other platforms on SLED

Ethos Erlanger Ethos.Erlanger at comcast.net
Sat Oct 10 07:09:31 PDT 2009

Aldon,

Well-spoken thoughts on the topic of social experiences.  I emphasize the
difference between being on-line at the fast food counter and making a trip
for a meal with friends to any chosen establishment.  The social experience
is diminished if members of your party are spirited away from your table,
(and your conversation) by Zealots from another eating establishment. This
is not what I am reading in Linda's post.  Has Linda lost her lunch buddy in
the middle of a meal or mid-conversation at the local diner?  No, she is
fearful of the change process that is natural and inevitable and wants to
thwart it by limiting free speech in the town square.

I can see Linda living in Salem, MA bemoaning the western expansion and some
Salem citizens leaving town.  I can see Linda and her friends going for tea
at Einstein's home and chastising him for his dilution of the numbers of
those who are ardent followers of Newton.

Today, many people commute freely back and forth from NYC to LA.  And, there
are science teachers who teach Newtonian Mechanics where applicable and
Relativity where required.  We live in an expanding world.  Yet some folks
come off as Luddites.  (No offense intended.  I am not inviting a flame war.
I simply find no better metaphor for this topic.  If there is a better, more
polite way to put it, please share it with me and I will adopt it
immediately).

Enjoy you Virtual Life,

Ethos Erlanger

  _____