[SLED] Most expensive item sold in SL?

Miller, Peter pmiller at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Nov 19 01:08:37 PST 2009

I wonder whether this isn't also an opportunity to think strategically in terms of what educators might want in the future (like a better search engine)? Moving to another service is a useful short-term response but begs the question as to which? El blogs on the topic and Troy lists some additional services: http://eloisepasteur.net/blog/index.php?/archives/372-A-farewell-to-SLEx.html. Is there a useful meta-search engine?

Daniel Livingstone has a nice presentation on OER:
http://learninggames.wordpress.com/2009/10/23/oer-in-games-sims-and-virtual-worlds/

Via Sheila Yoshikawa, I believe there has also been some interest from JORUM in the UK in serving as a repository for virtual world OER content. http://sleeds.org/chatlog/?c=1061

Best wishes

Peter