[SLED] Online Distance Education

Stephen Carpenter bscarpenterii at gmail.com
Tue May 26 11:09:14 PDT 2009

I used SL this past semester to teach a course as a distance education
course. The course was originally set up to be a face to face course
but after talking with colleagues at another university, I decided to
teach the entire course in SL and allow both my students and the
students at the other university to become co-learners. We met inworld
once a week and the students at the other university were in essence
distance education students. We are working on a conference
presentation proposal about our experience and hope to turn it into a
manuscript for publication.

B Stephen Carpenter II (Metaphor Voom)