No subject

Tue May 12 12:06:01 PDT 2009

general stability on a given day effects capacity also.  If all of SL seems
a bit slow and laggy, the capacity in our venue will be less before it
becomes unbearably slow.

Also one thing that has worked very well in our venue, is that the venue is
built on a sim line with the stage in a separate sim from the audience.
That way, audience lag does not affect the performers or presenters.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:02 AM, Gavin Dudeney <
gavin.dudeney at theconsultants-e.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> We had 89 on one island for a plenary last year. The island was at 4,500
> prims and very few scripts. It was slow to move around, but not unbearable
> nor unenjoyable.
>
> Gavin
>
> From: Daniel Smith
> Subject: Re: [SLED] How many avatars can stay simultaneously at a SIM?
>
> If you have an empty sim, no builds, and everyone shows up without prim
> clothes and not running scipts: up to 100

========================

Linda Rogers
Executive Director
Toronto Philharmonia
1210 Sheppard Ave., E.  suite 109
Toronto, ON  M2K 1E3

PHONE:  416.499.2204 ext. 23
FAX:  416.490.9739
CELL:  416.427.3834
http://www.torontophil.on.ca

--0016e644c7c26e1c820468251a73

 is taking the top number (100) as how many people they can accommodate in =
their sim, or with a little more knowledge asking people in well-built sims=
 what numbers they can accommodate.=A0 Then they build a fancy opera house =
with 100 different overly high-rez textures, add some scripted do-dahs and =
a fountain and wonder why their sim crashes when 30 avatars show up to an e=
vent.</div>

o have someone with estate management powers keep an eye on land stats duri=
ng the event.=A0 If the sim gets seriously lagged someone is there who can =
lower capacity.=A0 </div>

ty and general stability on a given day effects capacity also.=A0 If all of=
 SL seems a bit slow and laggy, the capacity in our venue will be less befo=
re it becomes unbearably slow.=A0 </div>

ue is built on a sim line with the stage in a separate sim from the audienc=
e.=A0 That way, audience lag does not affect the performers or presenters.<=
br>
span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:gavin.dudeney at theconsultants-e.com">=
px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">Folks,<br><br>We had 89 on one i=
sland for a plenary last year. The island was at 4,500<br>prims and very fe=
w scripts. It was slow to move around, but not unbearable<br>
ED] How many avatars can stay simultaneously at a SIM?<br>
v>